Thursday 18 February 2016

FWF! #1

Assalamualaikum! Hey, everyone! It's time for FWF! (Fun Weekly Fact!)


*credits to chinesefontdesign.com*

*For your information, every week we will try to update FWF! and share something special with you. 

This week we will talk about ourselves, so please... please bear with us!  (✧ω✧)

*collage made on fotor.com!*

So, we will first start with the Fabulous Atirah :P ehem ehem... I am the one wearing green in the picture collage above, and also, the one standing with an umbrella. Born and raised in Kuala Lumpur, playing video games was one of my hobbies. However, I do enjoy climbing trees and searching for grasshoppers. I do play traditional games such as 'congkak' and 'batu seremban', but being the only daughter in the family, I (forced myself) played alone most of the time HAHA! Well, I have my eldest brother at home, but since he is a loner, I have no other choice but to play alone  ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
*credits to Google Images*

Basically, my life is just ordinary...

Oh wait! I just remembered something! My mother used to tell me that when she had her first child (my eldest brother), my maternal grandmother and great grandmother told my parents that my brother MUST sleep on a TRAY with seven layers of 'kain batik' and underneath all of that, they will put uncooked rice. One layer of kain batik will be taken out, day by day until the seventh day. Then, the rice will be made into porridge to be served to the whole family.

Syuhaidah: That's very interesting, Atirah!  (♡゚▽゚♡)


Anyway, I'll now proceed with myself. My name is Syuhaidah and just like Atirah, I am from Kuala Lumpur. My mom is from Negeri Sembilan and my dad is from Selangor. As a kid, I played a lot of indoor games with my siblings. Of course, (same 'ol...) video games are included in the list as well... Oh! Atirah and I have a friend from Kelantan who said that her childhood games involve mud and trees. Ahh, how I wished I could have exchanged place with her then (even for one day)!

Anyway, when I entered kindergarten, I did not know how to befriend fellow human beings. Even worse, I was bullied - but, let's not talk about that. Henceforth, I 'made' my own friend and his name is 'Dabak'. I wish I can meet him again one day... My hobbies include reading, especially Japanese comics (manga). I used to only listen to indie music, but now, I listen to Korean songs as well. My favourite food is American and Italian food (hamburger and pizza!).


(*drools*)
*credits to barnesprimaryschool.org*

Honestly, I am not someone who comes from a family that practices distinct, regional culture. But, I do find cultures interesting and I am curious to learn more about them (as you can see from my interests above hehe).


That's all for this week. Thank you for reading! Do look forward to the next FWF! 
\(^▽^)/

Yours truly, 
Atirah & Syuhaidah


*credits to Google Images*

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure that you do not practice certain regional culture in your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, abdullah afiq. Yes, as far as I remember, I don't practice any unique, different or distinct regional culture (I even called my mom to make sure of it). The culture that I DO practice is of nothing interesting, really - it's the typical Malay culture that we all practice (like shaking hands and asking for forgiveness during Eid Mubarak).

      Delete