Saturday 27 February 2016

Our Beautiful Friend ~

Assalamualaikum and hello, guys and girls!
*credits to chinesefontdesign.com*

You know, being a student of International Islamic University Malaysia really does has its perks. The required courses that we have to take would usually give us a chance to befriend others from different parts of the world. As for me (Syuhaidah), during my Leadership class, I met a friend from Laos. Her name is Souphaphone Chueangmanivong, but we all call her Maryam.

This is where Laos is in the world map..
*credits to geology.com*

..and these are Laos (in green) and Malaysia (in orange)
*credits to Wikimedia Commons*

Quick info: the Leadership course required us to conduct an event, and to make a long story short, my classmates and I decided to bring some children to PetroSains for a fun educational trip. Each of us was assigned with one kid and I realized that Maryam was very excited and happy to spend time with the lovely kids! She kept on taking selfies with the them! It was really cute because they all looked so gleeful! Ah, such good memories..  ( ´ ▽ ` )

A few months passed...

Then, I thought to myself..

"Hmm, I don't really know much about Laos or its culture.."

Henceforth, when we were told that we need to find an international friend to exchange information about cultures, I immediately thought of Maryam! And thank God, Maryam agreed to help us (Atirah and I)! The three of us will be meeting this Tuesday (insyaAllah) to start our mission!  (o^▽^o)



*credits to Google Images*

Yours truly,

Atirah & Syuhaidah 

No comments:

Post a Comment